Thursday, March 3, 2011

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

It's one of my all-time favorite Beatles songs. I can't put into words the emotional effect the song has on me, but I'll leave it at this: it moves me.

About a year ago, I was reading Rolling Stone, and there was an article numbering the best moments of the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremonies. One the top ones was when Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Dhani Harrison and others covered "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" for the induction of George Harrison. What put this one to the top of the list was the guitar solo Prince performs during it.

I had to check this out since I've never really thought of Prince as a "guitarist". I was blown away, and all I could think was, "Holy Shit, the man can really play!".

So, since I just heard the original version of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" on the radio, I thought I'd post this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment